The management team at Angstron Materials is led by Dr. Bor Z. Jang. Dr. Jang is the world’s largest holder of graphene production and application patents. He is also recognized as the first to isolate pristine, single-layer graphene.
- Thirty years of experience developing teams and commercializing technologies
- More than 200 scientific papers and 200-plus inventions
- Co-founder of Nanotek Instruments Inc. and Angstron Materials, Inc.
- Creator of technologies that have established joint venture companies such as Angstron Battery Co for the production of advanced anode materials for lithium ion batteries
As CEO Dr. Jang oversees all activities relating to the research, development, commercialization, and business strategy at Angstron. He is globally known in the graphene community and regularly travels to Asia and across North America speaking at conferences, tradeshows, and symposia.
Dr. Zhamu is recognized as the world’s No. 3 inventor of graphene technologies.
- Over 160 patents to her name
- Co-founder of Angstron Materials, Inc. and Angstron Battery Co., a supplier of advanced anode materials.
- Expert in the fields of graphene nanomaterials, nanocomposites, and advanced energy storage and generation devices.
As CTO of Angstron, Dr. Zhamu oversees the research and development efforts for new and exciting graphene technologies. Her experience includes the commercialization of graphene enhanced products and the scale-up of the raw material production facilities.
Dr. Chan has over 30 years of international industrial experience. He has strong track records in platform commercialization, product innovation, intellectual property strategy and development, people development, and business and market development. His unique combination of technology and business leadership and proven ability for driving business change has consistently resulted in improved customer offerings and increased revenues for organizations. He has a demonstrated record of accomplishments in U.S., European, and Asian markets with extensive experience in food, medical devices, filtration, composites, military packaging, automotive, nanotechnology, renewable materials and energy, building products, nonwovens, consumer products, and industrial products.
Dr. Chan received his Bachelor of Science with honor in Chemical Engineering in 1980 at the California Institute of Technology and his Ph.D. at Princeton University in the same field and received his Ph.D. in 1985. He spent most of his career with Fortune 50 companies.